HOME

Looking back at The Wizard of Oz's 70th Annivesary Designer Shoes



 by Jimmy Choo

I recently stumbled upon an old tv channel that was playing The Wizard of Oz. It reminded me of how I much wanted to have my own magically ruby slippers, as I watch Dorothy walk through the yellow brick road when I was a little girl. Last 2008, The Wizard of Oz celebrated its 70th anniversary by asking top world shoe designers to re-interpret Dorothy's sparkling Ruby Slippers...



Designers include; A. Testoni, Abaete, Alberta Ferretti Betsey Johnson, Botkier, Diane von Furstenberg, Giuseppe Zanotti, Jimmy Choo, L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani, Lisa Pliner, Manolo Blahnik, Moschino, Oscar de la Renta, Roger Vivier, Sergio Rossi, Stuart Weitzman, Tibi, and Tuleh.

Here are pictures of some of the beautiful shoes designed for the celebration and a video that featured them at the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.




by Jimmy Choo


by Betsy Johnson


by Roger Viveir


by Moschino


by Stuart Weitzman


by Botkier



by A. Testoni



Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week






Cheers!
Pictures and video taken from the internet

No comments:

Post a Comment